set connection to a modem

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:38:17 UTC 2012

thanks guys for your replies,

now i understand two types of connections are available by modem, dial-in
and dial-out.
honestly, i should do it for my boss and don't know what he should want
exactly to do but i am sure that he has an external serial modem and wants
to config it by AT commands via a freebsd system; therefore i think our
connection is dial-out.

now which files i should edit? just ppp.conf? and because our modem
supports specific speed and flow control, is it necessary to set these
parameters in my freebsd? and if yes, how i can do that?  please help me to
do that

thanks