(OT) Re: just thought of a new gui port!

Gary Aitken freebsd at dreamchaser.org
Wed Nov 28 16:38:23 UTC 2012

> wunderground is definitely a great site however at least in my location the
> temperature can be off as much as ten degrees, its almost like they are
> reading from a station on top of the mountain, and I.m in the valley. Its
> an issue of being on the coast I suppose, for example it could be 80
> degrees inland but a ten mile drive and your down to 50 degrees.
>
> Waitman Gobble
> San Jose California

You might try tailoring the National Weather Service's model to interpolate to
your exact location.  Modify the link below to contain your latitude (textField1)
and longitude (textField2).  Note that longitude is negative in the U.S.  You
can get lat and long via google maps or a gps.

Don't know how accurate it will be, but where I am it seems to take care of
the change due to mountains and elevation pretty well.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=San+Jose&state=CA&site=MTR&textField1=37.3394&textField2=-121.894&e=0