error message

emmanuel ilunga emmanuel.ilunga at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:45:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

By ignorance, I named the host: "machine0.example.com" (just following what
I saw.)
Every time I reboot, I get: machine0# Nov26 04:37:03 machine0
ntpd_initrest[2008]:host name not found: 0.freebsd.pool.org
I get this error, unless I enter my login info; and after I had entered my
login info, if I don't do anything else right away, this error message
comes back.
And the time is wrong too.
Also, I received 4 installer discs: 2 installers and 2 important packages
(2 for amd64 and 2 for i386), how do I read the appropriate Important
Packages disc in?

Thanks.

Emmanuel