Manually partitioning using gpart

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:34:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-11-25 at 13:49 -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> Realize this multi-boot stuff is painful and inconvenient and install
> everything in a VM?

Unfortunately this is impossible.

I'll install FreeBSD, because there's a driver for my sound card, a RME
HDSPe AIO, that perhaps enables to use all ADAT IOs. On Linux I only can
use 2 ADAT IOs.

Another step could be to replace Linux by FreeBSD on my machine, but I
suspect FreeBSD isn't ready for audio production yet. Assumed it should
be ready, a virtual machine can't be used. Any layer does cause issues
for audio production machines.

I was thinking of doing a test install in VBox, but I guess it's a minor
risk that I'll lose everything by making an mistake.

Regards,
Ralf