Manually partitioning using gpart

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Nov 25 16:03:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:42:38 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Polytropon, I'll use journaling.

That should give you additional "security in integrity",
especially on a "everything in one /" partition.

> I've to apologize for my broken English.

No understanding problem here.

> Regarding to the "comment" line my question is, if it's enough to us a #
> at the beginning, or if it's needed to begin and to end with a #. I
> suspect just a # at the beginning is needed.

Yes, every line starting with a # is considered a comment (like
in shell scripts). In case of the default comment line, the
second # is just "pass number" written as "Pass#". Comment line
and empty lines can appear in /etc/fstab as desired. You can use
them to "structure" your fstab file as soon as it gets "too
many" entries (which may be possible when you're utilizing NFS
a lot).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany