portmaster + unknown dependency problem

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Tue Nov 20 20:08:01 UTC 2012

I have a 8.2-STABLE system. Last port upgrade was about a year ago. (I
know, this is bad.) I was trying to update all ports, by following the
UPDATING file. As it turned out, some ports has been deprecated/deleted.
I have a problem in particular with the py-bittornado-core port. I do
not need it. So I have deleted it:

# pkg_info | grep bittornado
#

Clearly, it is not installed. However, when I write in this command:

# portmaster -a

Then I get this error:

===>>> The net-p2p/py-bittornado-core port has been deleted: Has
expired: Depends on the deprecated wx 2.4
===>>> Aborting update

Well, here is the question: why does it want to build a port that does
not even exist in the ports tree? It was really deleted, there is no
such thing as /usr/ports/net-p2p/py-bittornado-core . I have also tried
to do this:

# portmaster -a -x py-bittornado-core

but it has exactly the same problem. Is this a stale dependency to a
nonexistent port? How can I overcome this problem?

Thanks,

   Laszlo