OFF TOPIC -- Latex Question

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:26:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 01:08:47 +0400
Boris Samorodov articulated:

> 20.11.2012 00:02, Carmel пишет:
>
> > I know this doesn't belong here; however I was hoping someone could
> > give me a quick answer.
> >
> > I have a document I am writing, actually a new set of By Laws for an
> > organization. The format should be as shown here:
> >
> > 		Article I
> > 		  Name
> >
> > Bla-bla
> >
> > section 1
> >
> > section 2
> >
> > 		Article II
> > 		  Members
>
> \renewcommand{\chaptername}{Article}
> \renewcommand{\thechapter}{\Roman{chapter}}

Thank you. I tried "thechapter" and "\chapter". It never occurred to me
to use "\chaptername". I couldn't find any documentation on it either,
although I was certain that it could be done. I am surprised that there
is not a fixed style for that in  Latex. "Article" is commonly used in
legal documents.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com