OFF TOPIC -- Latex Question

Open Slate openslateproj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:25:42 UTC 2012

Latex can do what you describe but you would need to create or locate a
different document class. The standard classes that ship with (most)
versions of Latex are for academic journals, books, and letters. You are
more likely to get your question answered on a Latex specific forum or
mailing list. Finally, in case you have not already tried it, I highly
recommend using Lyx to create Latex documents.

If you are in a rush you can use the \section* command to enter your
article headings and the \subsection* command for your section headings.
The trailing asterisk suppresses automatic numbering, so you will need to
add your own. Much nicer to use automatic numbering.

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Carmel <carmel_ny at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I know this doesn't belong here; however I was hoping someone could
> give me a quick answer.
>
> I have a document I am writing, actually a new set of By Laws for an
> organization. The format should be as shown here:
>
>                 Article I
>                   Name
>
> Bla-bla
>
> section 1
>
> section 2
>
>                 Article II
>                   Members
>

> And so on. I can accomplish this easily in MS Word; however, I have not
> been able to find a way to make Latex use "Article" as opposed to
> "Chapter" in its heading. I have to use "Article" I have Googled for
> over a day without success. I find it very strange that Latex doesn't
> have an "\article" definition like "\section" and "\chapter". Is there
> any way to do this or am I stuck with MS Word. BTW, I did investigate
> the "titlesec" package, but I did not see a way to accomplish it.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carmel ✌
> carmel_ny at hotmail.com