skype

Al Plant noc at hdk5.net
Mon Nov 19 19:21:54 UTC 2012

ajtiM wrote:
> On Sunday 18 November 2012 12:57:14 Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> El día Sunday, November 18, 2012 a las 12:45:54PM -0600, ajtiM escribió:
>>> When using Skype on FreeBSD (.1-RC3, the call often (every 1-5 minutes)
>>> gets disconnected or better I hear but the other side doesn't hear me
>>>
>>> If I remember correct kern.hz=100 in loader.conf solved this problem
>>> before I I had this line but it doesn't help me.
>>> I have Skype-2.1.0.81 installed.
>> I know that this does not help much, but I'm using the same Sk in
>> 10-CURRENT very often (also with video), and do not face this problem. Are
>> yo sure that this is caused by FreeBSD or at your end of the call at all?
>>
>> 	matthias
>
> I am sure that is a problem on my side.

  Mitja ,

I have noticed that skype drops at "irregular" intervals from some
locations that we reach on a regular basis. We know this is bad lines at
the other end. Some small communities may limit or time out certain
areas. (My brother in law is a small town official in this specific area
and he says everybody complains about it.)

If your getting it on all calls you may possibly have bad lines on your
side. Check to see if any friends experience the same issues on other OS.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
   < email: noc at hdk5.net >