perl, rrdtool issue

Olivier Nicole olivier.nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Nov 15 07:37:34 UTC 2012

Laszlo,

> Yesterday I issued the following command which I regretted: portupgrade -CPy, and this little tool installed perl 5.12 while perl 5.10 was already on the system. Since then everything is messed up.
> Now I deleted perl 5.10 and reinstalled perl 5.10 and everything which depends on it and still have the following error:

What I usually do is upgrading every Perl packages after I upgraded Perl.

Something like portupgrade -R perl should do.

Or do it manually, one port at a time if you are afraid to break something else.

For having done it recently, from perl to rrdtool it's less than 10
ports to get it back working.

best regards,

olivier