well, try here first...

Erich Dollansky erich at alogreentechnologies.com
Wed Nov 14 01:26:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:07:38 -0800
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 04:47:48AM +0700, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:00:07 -0800
> > Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> > > 	What, no comma!?
> >
> > what the Playboy did to the German language ...
> >
> > Playboy's German tag line missed out on a comma too. It was
> > obviously a mistake. I have heard that they brought it back after
> > decades of no comma in the tag line.
>

> 	do you mean that it was "Play boy"? or what? what was the tag
> line?

Playboy alles was Maennern Spass macht

Playboy corrected this meanwhile as you can see on www.playboy.de.

Just on the side. Does playboy.com still mirror FreeBSD as they did
many years ago?

Erich

> > You know, while in other countries man could say that they read
> > Playboy only because of the articles, in Germany they read Playboy
> > only to check on the comma.
>

> 	:-) funny.  I, of course, =always= read playboy for the
> articles, just like every other guy.  {that line goes back to the
> early 1970s.  at least.}

A brother-in-law does this for another professional reason. He does or
did those days plastic surgery and has had to see the results of other
people's work. Of course, he was also interested in the articles.

Listening to his comments was more fun than reading the humour page of
Playboy.

Erich