Attempting to build a port uses a stale make(1) configuration

Австин Ким avstin at mail.ru
Tue Nov 13 00:16:42 UTC 2012

Hi, all,

While attempting to build the KDE 4 port, the build of /usr/ports/astro/gpsd (which recursively got pulled in somewhere) failed because make(1) tried to build using a version of GCC that I had installed from ports at one time but long since `make deinstall'ed:

cc -o gpxlogger.o -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -O2 -pipe -O3 -march=native -fno-strict-aliasing gpxlogger.c
cc -o gpxlogger -Wl,-rpath=//usr/local/lib gpxlogger.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lgps -lm
cc -o lcdgps.o -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wextra -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -O2 -pipe -O3 -march=native -fno-strict-aliasing lcdgps.c
cc -o lcdgps -Wl,-rpath=//usr/local/lib lcdgps.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib -lrt -lgps -lm
gcc48 -o gpsclient-py_2_7_3_final_0.so -c -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -O3 -march=native -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -DNDEBUG -O2 -pipe -mfpmath=sse,387 -march=pentium4 -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include/python2.7 gpsclient.c
gcc48: not found
scons: *** [gpsclient-py_2_7_3_final_0.so] Error 127
*** [do-build] Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/astro/gpsd.
*** [build] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/astro/gpsd.

At one time I had installed GCC 4.8.0 from ports, but later removed it (due to stability issues), reverting back to using the default system compiler.  I removed the /usr/ports/lang/gcc48 port using `make deinstall,' and then removed any mention of `*48' from /etc/make.conf.  However, when make(1) tries to build /usr/ports/astro/gpsd above, it apparently tries to use an old setting of `CC=gcc48' and old settings of `CPUTYPE=pentium4' and `CCFLAGS+=-mfpmath=sse,387' that I once had in /etc/make.conf but long since deleted.

Any ideas where these stale make/build configurations might be lingering?  I suspect that the old options may be in some Python-related config file somewhere, but I have so far not been able to find where.  I know this doesn't give a lot to go on, but can anyone suggest possible places to try looking for stale configuration files?

Thanks in advance!
Austin Kim