Xiphos Locale Bug?

Joseph a Nagy Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:54:56 UTC 2012

FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE, i386

Xiphos is giving me a strange warning[0], and I'm not quite sure what to
make of it. The forums don't address this specifically that I could
find, and nothing via a web search seemed to be relevant to my issue.
Not quite sure what the issue is, either, to be honest. I did recently
set in /etc/login.conf (and made sure the update made it to ~/.login_conf):

#
# American Users Accounts. Setup proper environment variables.
#
american|American Users Accounts:\
       :charset=iso-8859-1:\
       :lang=en_US.iso-8859-1:\
       :tc=default:

Basically I copied the Russian settings (and then commented them out,
not sure why they are uncommented by default), replacing the lang and
charset as appropriate (I don't care how many of you like UTF-8, either,
keep it to yourselves).

Should I just re-compile now that I've explicitly set things? I couldn't
find anything in the misc/xiphos/Makefile to manually change it and am
assuming it takes that from the environment?

I found a thread[1] in the forums that gave me the idea for the above block

[0]: http://www.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/images/problems/xiphos.png
[1]: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=9120
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org