Faking Gateway

Jos Chrispijn kernel at webrz.net
Sat Nov 3 12:35:59 UTC 2012

I have two gateway ip's in my network:
G1 = 8/1m and G2=50/10m.
Server1 (S1) is connected to G1 and all network clients are connected to G2.
As I sometimes have a lot of ports to download, I thought, let's change
the gateway address of S1 to G2. That really works regarding the FTP
part, but regarding my mail it is not (logically I am now presenting a
domain name that doesn't match its ip address as it is G2 instead of G1).

Is there a way of switching to the 'fast' gateway with ftp traffic only
(like port updates and manual outward/inbound ftp requests) and have
outbound email follow the (standard) G1)?

Kind regards,
Jos Chrispijn