Please help me diagnose this crazy VMWare/FreeBSD 8.x crash

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Wed May 30 19:56:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, 30 May 2012 12:17:07 -0500, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Humm, can you test it with 2 CPUs?

We primarily only run with 1 CPU. We have seen it crash on multiple CPU
VMs. Also, Dane Foster appeared to have been using multiple CPUs in his
video transcoding VMs.

Unfortunately I can't give you more information at the moment. I'm working
with Dane to compile easy to follow steps that recreate this failure. I
have not been successful in getting this to crash on demand in my
environment, but Dane has so we're trying to recreate his.