font sizes in xfce 4.10

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon May 28 04:11:26 UTC 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012 22:20:43 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> I forgot to ask in same thread.  Apologize in advance :(
> The font sizes have changed giving very tiny size, it was not like in
> 4.8.3 XFCE.  Will resetting xfce to pristine state(default) restore
> these?  or do I have to figure out another way to fix this?

Depends. If you remove the user's ~/-xfce4 setting directory,
they should go back to the defaults. But what are the defaults?
Maybe those are already too small.

As Xfce 4 is a Gtk+ application, you can try a general override
of fonts with a ~/.gtkrc-2.0, containing

	gtk-font-name="Tahoma 12"

as an example to override. You can also change your display's
DPI (depending on if you're using a CRT or LCD) in X's configuration
file.

I'd say the best way is to load Xfce 4 with its defaults, then
alter them using its configuration tools, which will result in
a "different" user configuration in the ~/.xfce4 directory.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany