"Cloud" software ?

Dennis Glatting freebsd at penx.com
Fri May 25 10:10:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 10:11 +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm searching for a "cloud software" :-)
>
> More precisely we would like to offer to our students and professors
> a kind of private cloud to access/manipulate  their personnal data
> from almost anywhere and with almost any devices ...
> ( Personnal PC, Mac, smartphones   and tablets ... etc )

There is a couple of cheap ways of doing this. First, download the free
version of VMWare ESXi and partition your hardware. Another is to
install VirtualBox, a Type-2 HyperVisor.

Depending on what you consider a cloud, take a look at Hadoop. Hadoop
isn't partitioning hardware but Hadoop and the applications that run on
top of Hadoop can give you an interesting view of these technologies and
how they can be applied to cloudy data.

As for how to get data into/out-of the cloud, let me know how that
works. :)