FreeBSD and Diablo III (partial solved)
naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Fri May 25 07:01:34 UTC 2012
The following instructions allows one to play Diablo III under either i386 or
amd64 FreeBSD 9. Unfortunately actually installing the game does not work due
to problems with Agent.exe however once installed (from a Windows instance)
the game runs well, with 48 hours reported as error free.
Special thanks to alphachi for solving and testing the below procedure.
1) Install the wine-fbsd64-diablo3 package from mediafire (tested using
2) Choose a directory to have the diablo 3 wine prefix (`export
DIABLO=$HOME/diablo3` or `setenv DIABLO $HOME/diablo3`)
3) Install VC++ 2008 Redistribution (`env WINEPREFIX=$DIABLO sh winetricks
4) Copy an INSTALLED version of diablo 3 to the wine prefix (hint: use
VirtualBox to install the game)
5) Start the game with `env WINEPREFIX=$DIABLO wine Diablo\ III.exe -launch`
MD5 (wine-1.4.x-freebsd9/wine-fbsd64-diablo3-1.4,1.tbz) =
MD5 (wine-1.5.x-freebsd9/wine-fbsd64-diablo3-1.5.4,1.txz) =
 Below is a sample .desktop file for launching diablo 3. Please expand
$DIABLO and fix the "Path" entry
<file name="Diablo III.desktop">
Comment=Please replace $DIABLO with a full expanded path and fix "Path" entry
Exec=env WINEPREFIX=$DIABLO wine "Diablo III.exe" -launch
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/attachments/20120525/1267f6be/attachment.pgp
More information about the freebsd-questions