djvu viewers from ports or add capability to view to xpdf, gv or other

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu May 10 14:14:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 09:04:16 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I had a gut feeling that viewers like gv or xpdf would have the
> capability to view djvu files, since evince could do this, but I guess
> I was wrong.

As far as I know, the ability to deal with this file formate
requires the corresponding library to be used. Evince seems
to be able to, but xpdf and gv are "just PS/PDF viewers", so
this functionality hasn't been incorporated.

Even though ImageMagic is a "heavy chunk of compiling", it
is acceptably easy to use when installed ("display" command).
Enabling DJVU option and recompiling it shouldn't pull too
many dependencies into the system.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany