Printer recommendation please

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Sat Mar 31 11:17:55 UTC 2012

On 03/31/12 08:32, RW wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:14:20 -0400
> Mike Jeays wrote:
>
>> I strongly recommend a laser printer over an inkjet even for home
>> use. The reduced running costs and better reliability are easily
>> worth the lack of colour, IMO.
> How do they compare for light and  occasional use? I'm thinking in
> terms of a few pages, a few times a year, so presumably the
> consumables become perishables.
Quite well. Toner doesn't dry up :)

Watch the older type fusers though- they can develop 'flat spots' on the
rollers. The newer printers use a ceramic type fuser which has fast
warm-up and no flat spot troubles.

Also keep the dust low on _any_ printer and it will last longer and
perform better. Dusty paper can cause major issues (both printing and
mechanical) as well.