Find run-time dependancies recursively for FreeBSD port

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Wed Mar 21 19:10:44 UTC 2012

Thanks Matthew...

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Matthew Seaman
<m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21/03/2012 16:51, Rick Miller wrote:
>> I can get run-time depends by executing make run-depends-list or all
>> dependancies by running make all-depends-list.  Is there a way to get
>> all run-time depends recursively (I don't need the build depends or
>> their depends)?
>
> If your INDEX is up to date:
>
>   % cd /usr/ports
>   % make search name=packagename-1.2.3 display=rdeps
>
> or
>
>   % make search path=devel/foo display=rdeps

The problem here is that this does not return recursive results,
meaning run-time dependancies of run-time dependancies.  Having said
that, These commands provide me some alternatives in a script I am
writing to ascertain this data for me.

--
Take care
Rick Miller