nVidia card manufacturer recommendations

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Wed Mar 14 09:01:38 UTC 2012

Somewhere, possibly here, a while back I saw a remark that certain
manufacturer's nVidia cards worked reliably with the nVidia supplied
drivers and others usually have problems because they tweak nVidia's
reference spec. Of course, I didn't bookmark it and neither Google nor
searching the last years' worth of the freebsd-questions@ archives has
turned it up.

Can anyone recommend which manufacturers I should look at and/or which I
should avoid? I'm specifically looking at the low end GT520.