Making Music / Video folders on FreeBSD visible on HD TV

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:56:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:59:45 -0500
Adam Vande More articulated:

> Are you sure these devices aren't trying to connect to a DLNA
> server?  Such need can be met by net/mediatomb or other port.

A couple of people have replied to this thread. The Samba shares are
configured correctly and are visible on my Windows based PCs. I have no
idea if the TVs are using DLNA. I never had to configure anything,
other than sharing the folders, on my Microsoft PCs, so am I to assume
that DLNA is always available on that OS? Anyway, I will try your
suggestion.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com