PC-BSD on top of FreeBSD - does it matter ?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Mar 5 12:10:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:52:15 +0000
Matthew Seaman articulated:

> On 04/03/2012 22:56, Da Rock wrote:
> >> That's also an obligation to test it.
> >> PC-BSD is a product, by a private company. The burden of proof is
> >> on them.
>
> > PC-BSD is an organisation or group; I wouldn't go as far as calling
> > them a private company.
>
> No, the company behind PC-BSD is called iXsystems.  They do an awful
> lot in the FreeBSD sphere, and PC-BSD is one of their products.  While
> PC-BSD is a community driven project, iXsystems employs the project
> founder and lead developer specifically to work on PC-BSD.  Click on
> the 'Professional PC-BSD Support' link of the PC-BSD menu on the
> pcbsd.org site, and you will see who it is that provides the paid-for
> support.
>
> Hmmm... actually they might want to look at that, as it returns a 404
> page.

Matthew, is this the URL for iXsystems <http://www.ixsystems.com/>
that you are referring to?

I was examining their company page:
<http://www.ixsystems.com/ix/about/our-company> and they seem quite
impressive. Also, the support page URL for PC-BSD:
<http://www.ixsystems.com/quote-request> is now apparently working.

Obviously, the above is based on the belief that I am referring to the
correct entity to begin with.

--
Jerry ♔