make install fails for /usr/ports/security/sudo after downgrade from 9.0-R to 8-STABLE

John freebsd at growveg.net
Sun Mar 4 07:40:17 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 04:36, illoai at gmail.com wrote:
> Hmm, I would think that merely removing the offending file
> and copying the correct one from /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/
> would suffice.

I dunno, I don't think so. Why would it not be installed in the
downgrade process? Also, the filenames aren't the same but the
functionality (as far as I know) is. It might not have been the only
thing broken.

Downgrading across minor versions is simple and usually painless but
there was a heads-up for the change from utmp.h to utmpx.h in -current
back in January so I guess it was considered a major, low-level change
and the downgrade couldn't work with that.

Anyhow, rebuilding to 9-R has fixed everything as far as I can see, so
I'm happy ;)
--
freebsd at growveg dot net