USB Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision

sean tech.junk at myfairpoint.net
Thu Mar 1 20:25:18 UTC 2012

Hello All,

     I am unable to get the built in mic of a Logitech QuickCam Ultra
Vision to capture sound. I have been testing it using Skype.

-lsusb shows the logitech device.
-Device "sound" and "snd_ich" is complied into my custom kernel.
-running "FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Mon Feb 20 04:40:40
EST 2012  amd64"
-The Skype test call produces sound and can capture video through the
camera.
-mixer show the mic at 97:97
-webcamd_enabled="YES" entered into /etc/rc.conf

Would anyone have some ideas on what check?

                             Thanks in advance to all replies,
                             Sean