FreeBSD 9-R pxeboot fails with 'Mounting root filesystem rw failed'...

egoitz at ramattack.net egoitz at ramattack.net
Thu Mar 1 18:50:56 UTC 2012

In the "new" way of booting... you need to have the cd because the own
cd is the root filesystem... and in fact is live filesystem too.... so
unless you're booting from mfsroot... I assume you should have that line
in /etc/fstab inside the iso image.... but if you're using mfsroot... I
really even am not creating etc dir inside the iso image... because it's
not needed and in previous releases and iso images when always booted
from mfsroot (and where not livefs cds and so) it wasn't necessary...