Anatomy of Perfomance tests

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Jun 29 15:51:49 UTC 2012

> It would be very interesting to see the results of stress-testing
> systems. I cannot think of a scenario that isn't possible with a
> virtual machine.
quite but not really. if tested OS does not force hard disk to commit
writes at right time, as FreeBSD do, virtual machine will not catch all
things.

anyway abruptly stopping virtual machine is a good test.

use LARGE memory for tested OS. Funny but this is the case when linux is
actually worse as it could delay more writes and then issue them in any
order.