Messages not reaching the lists

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri Jun 29 10:55:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:55:51 -0500 (CDT)
Robert Bonomi <bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com> wrote:

> Damien Fleuriot wrote:
> > On 6/29/12 6:40 AM, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> > > Lately I've been noticing that almost without fail, any messages
> > > I send to the FreeBSD mailing lists never actually appear on the
> > > list.
> > >
> > > We'll see if this one shows up.  :-)
> >
> > I've been experiencing the same issue for a long time.
> >
> > My messages are sent, people seem to actually receive them, but I
> > don't, although my subscription options state that I should receive
> > copies of my own messages.
>
> One 'obvious' thing to try --
>   Change the options so as to _not_ get copies of your own messages.
>   *SAVE* changes.
>   Change the options back.
>   Save again.

Yes, I went and checked my options for questions@ and saw at the top of
the page that they had had a number of bounced e-mails from my address
recently.  My computer was down for about a week or so earlier this
month (had to be repaired).  I'm not sure what this means exactly in
terms of how the list server manages my subscription, but perhaps it's
being tentatively cautious and just not sending any of my list
submissions back to me(?).  I don't know.

I didn't actually change any settings while I was there, but that might
be worth a try.  We'll see if that helps.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net