Is ZFS production ready?

Marco Antonio Muskus Muskus mamuskus at edatel.com.co
Thu Jun 21 19:49:17 UTC 2012

ZFS is technologically more advance than UFS/UFS2, so, if someone ask to me which filesystem should be use, my answer is ZFS.

You can do on UFS the same on ZFS, but ZFS extend the functionality beyond "filesystem", that is a plus for IT today.

I'm using ZFS for a public HTTP/FTP mirror pushing many TB/Month and a backup system.

Regards,