Making a bootable backup (hard)disk... how?

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Wed Jun 13 08:51:47 UTC 2012

On Sunday 10 June 2012 23:14:57 Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> Well, nevermind about that.  I get the general idea, i.e. that dumping
> at level N causes dumping of everything that has changed since the last
> dump at level N-1.

A point to be aware of is that if you restore from a full backup followed by
one or more incrementals then you will restore ALL files which were present
when each dump was made - including any files which have been intentionally
deleted since the dump was created. This isn't normally a problem but there
might be some obscure situations where it could be.

--
Mike Clarke