mail server

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Jun 12 23:26:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:55:08AM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:

> 11.06.2012 16:33, Bahaa Babekir ??????????:
>
> > I want to sent me configuration to build mail server step by step
>
> I'd suggest to begin with:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail.html

Yes, read the handbook first and then ask specific questions.
You need to do your homework.
This shotgun style of question will not get much useful response.

But, making a mail server with FreeBSD is so easy.   Unless you
want to do something weird or exotic, then FreeBSD already comes
with a good mail server all installed.   All you have to do it
enable it.    Put  sendmail_enable="yes"  in /etc/rc.conf and
the next time you reboot you have the most common mail server running.
It will receive and send Email just fine.   Then you might want to
install mutt from /usr/ports/mail/mutt  or some other Email client
to help you read your Email.  Of course, you could just use the
already installed 'mail' utility.

If you must have a web-based Email reader, try installing squirrelmail.

////jerry