Is this something we (as consumers of FreeBSD) need to be aware of?]

Colin Barnabas colin.barnabas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:18:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:19:26AM -0700, Kurt Buff wrote:
> UEFI considerations drive Fedora to pay MSFT to sign their kernel binaries
> http://cwonline.computerworld.com/t/8035515/1292406/565573/0/
>
> This would seem to make compiling from source difficult.
>
> Kurt

History show us that _everything_ will eventually run *nix. Take a
look at the Sony PS3 debacle. After Sony yanked support for
installing other OS's, the community ripped apart their
hypervisor in a matter of months. If these boot keys do gain any
momentum, sooner than later the community with poke holes in the
system.

--
Colin Barnabas

----- End forwarded message -----