FreeBSD 8.3 support for LSI SAS 2208 based controllers/Dell PERC 710

Simon simon at optinet.com
Mon Jun 4 18:28:42 UTC 2012

I'm wondering if this was resolved. I was looking at Dell R610s with Perc H700
and no solid information either. Found a few threads with people having issues
with it, no solutions. These been out since early 2010, not cutting edge by any
means.

Is anyone using Dell R610/R620 with Perc H700/H710 reliably for some time?

How can a hardcore server-OS like FreeBSD not have solid support for these
popular server platforms :\

The more I run into these issues, the more I'm being forced to consider Linux;
this is somewhat sad. I hope I'm mistaken but it seems like there is less and
less support for mainstream server out-of-box hardware lately.

-Simon