umount device busy

Polytropon freebsd at
Mon Jun 4 14:15:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 01:56:49 -0600, Gary Aitken wrote:
> On 06/03/12 21:05, Polytropon wrote:
> > Maybe the ganim "lock" is regarding a device file? Not sure
> > about that, I'm not using it here.
> I'm not sure what the deal is here, but exiting X does solve
> the problem.  I didn't try just killing the environment by
> shutting down the wm and leaving X up, but if I forget and
> do something like that again I'll try to remember to try it.

I assume ganim get launched as a background process by Xfce
when starting X, and fortunately it exits when exiting X
(and _not_ staying active as a daemon).

> >> In any case, the mount was done after X was started, and switching
> >> vtys crashes X so I don't do that.
> > 
> > That sounds a bit wrong...
> Agreed, but I saw someone else was having a similar problem
> with 9.0 release a bit earlier on a system, and no problem
> with 8.3.  At least I think that was it.  Hmmm, just looked
> and there's a firefox-bin.core and an xfce-appfinder.core. 
> Timestamps look about right for when I did a vty switch.

So it's not only X crashing, it's also applications crashing
(and so causing a core dump).

Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...

More information about the freebsd-questions mailing list