font sizes in xfce 4.10

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:07:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie at eskk.nu> wrote:

> 2012-05-28 06:53, Antonio Olivares skrev:
>

>>> I copied the username/.config directory to another folder and nuked
>>> it.  Then I see the pristine settings.  They are almost the same with
>>> the exception of the clock moved to the side like it had been before
>>> but was moved.  The fonts are the same :(, tiny.  If I change the size
>>> it is not noticed.  The bottom panel has no icons except for two
>>> folders on both ends and the application finder.  I guess I will have
>>> to change that behavior manually.
>>>
>>> I will see where I can adjust the sizes of the fonts since they don't
>>> appear to be in a folder.
>>>
>>> Thanks for helping out.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Antonio
>>

>> I believe that I have found a way to fix the issue.
>>
>> The problem was the DPI, the fonts are the same size.  Now everything
>> seems to be normal :)
>>
>> I vistited the online tour
>>
>> http://www.xfce.org/about/tour
>>
>> Then clicked on the application finder, appearance, then clicked on
>> DPI and raised the number to 96 did not see what it was though.
>>

> I now have a similar problem. The icons in the program menu is not
> displayed, only a white icon with a red cross.
>
> Uninstalled the complete xfce4 and reinstalled it.
>
> I also nuked the .config directory but icons are gone even so.
>
> I have the 96 DPI setting as well.
>
> Did you do anything else to retrieve the icons?
>
> Thanks

Only the ones in the bottom panel :) [right click then select the
icons from the ones given]  On the menu, they are still missing :(  I
don't worry about these yet as I hope that some update(s) later on
will bring them back :)

I updated the png update as suggested in /usr/ports/UPDATING, but no
improvement in icons :(

Regards,

Antonio