How to use an external USB3.0 drive with 4k sectors?

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Mon Jun 4 10:43:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 06:58:07AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
# >
# > 2. Replace the vendor installed NTFS with a UFS file system.
# >
# >   $ newfs -U /dev/da1s1
# >
# >   (No, I didn't bother to create BSD partitions)
#
# but why still create msdos partition?

I didn't create one, I just left it as is. For some reason fdisk would
error out and sysinstall's fdisk would compute bogus capacities: use the
number of sectors and multiply them by 512 instead of 4096--that scared
me to the point I didn't want to have fdisk write to the disk.

Next on my TODO list: learn about gpart.

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/