Anyone using freebsd ZFS for large storage servers?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:44:01 UTC 2012

> and definitely do not use it if you will not have regular backups of all
> data, as in case of failures (yes they do happen) you will just have no
> chance to repair it.
>
> There is NO fsck_zfs! And ZFS is promoted as it "doesn't need" it.
>
> Assuming that filesystem doesn't need offline filesystem check utility
> because it "never crash" is funny.

zfs scrub...???

Additionally ZFS works directly at the block level of the HD meaning
that it is slightly different to the 'normal' file systems in storing
information and is also "self healing"......

Though I'm sure that you knew all this and have found otherwise.

I mean I haven't found any problem with it even after power failures
and such and my machine has been up for nearly 3 years.

Regards,

Kaya