Problem with pkgconf and glib.

Christopher Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Jul 30 14:24:31 UTC 2012

I'm trying to build emacs with gtk2 on my build box and I'm running into trouble with pkgconf from /usr/ports/devel/pkgconf. The build process dies in devel/gobject-introspection and complains that it cannot find header files for gio-unix-2.0. From what I can see the problem looks like the fact that pkgconf is returning the wrong include path for these header files, running:

     # pkg-config --variable=includedir gio-unix-2.0 returns:

     /usr/local/include/usr/local/include/usr/local/include

I'm not sure if this is part of the problem but it appears that pkgconf returns one instance of "/usr/local/include" for each dependency listed in the package. E.g.

     # pkg-config --variable=includedir glib-2.0

returns: "/usr/local/include"

To repeat this problem I started with a fresh FreeBSD virtual machine built from 8-STABLE, an empty /usr/local tree and an empty /var/db/pkg directory. Then I traversed to /usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection and did:

     # make install

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Chris

Chris Hilton                          e: chris /at/ vindaloo /dot/ com