acroread9 makes CPU spin (busy loop?)

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Sun Jul 29 09:37:47 UTC 2012

Hi,
Reference:

Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> hello, world\n
>
> I'm wondering if it's just here or if other people also observe that
> acroread9 makes the CPU spin at 100% (one load point), as if in a busy
> loop.

Yup, I saw similar about a year ago, I didnt look at numbers but
acroread9 is awfully slow, or more accurately it was the PDF I was
editing for UK government tax return (**.) I recall reading it was
also awfully slow on MS.  I never use it except when I have to (**)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".