bsdinstall to jail aborted (9.0-RELEASE-p3, amd64)

Matthias Petermann matthias at d2ux.net
Sat Jul 28 20:28:45 UTC 2012

Hi Darren,

thanks for diving into the issue. I looked through the mentioned places in the bsdinstall code and understand it now.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:24:48 +0400
Darren Baginski <kickbsd at yandex.com> wrote:
> I thing release/arch selection has to be a part of the installer, either directly or via environment variables.

Yes, I think so too. I guess there usually no FTP directories created for patch level releases like 9.0-RELEASE-p3? Your proposal to introduce a new environment variable like TARGET makes sense. This could work like an override - when it is not set it can fall back to the default (using uname -r which makes sense for the installation media).

Should I file a PR or did you already?

Thanks,
Matthias

--