acroread9 makes CPU spin (busy loop?)

Jens Schweikhardt schweikh at schweikhardt.net
Sat Jul 28 20:17:52 UTC 2012

hello, world\n

I'm wondering if it's just here or if other people also observe that
acroread9 makes the CPU spin at 100% (one load point), as if in a busy
loop. This happens for me on 9-STABLE and 10-CURRENT alike (amd64), with
up-to-date ports tree. It has done this as long as I can remember. Maybe
there's something wrong with the way I compile my system and custom
kernel, and if so, I'd like to get to the bottom of it. The only
diagnostics I get are

   (process:33229): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

and dmesg says

   linux: pid 33229 (acroread): syscall inotify_init not implemented

Anybody know what's causing acroread to spin?

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/