FreeBSD Stable production version.

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 25 12:13:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:19:53 +0200
Damien Fleuriot articulated:

> I'd say it's a matter of personal preference.
>
> We're mostly running 8.3 in production here.
>
> I've recently installed 9-STABLE servers to try them out and fill PRs
> if I get problems.
>
> I would encourage you to use 9-STABLE so that you may do the same and
> ensure the stability of future releases.

I would agree with that philosophy up to a point. It is definitely a
matter of personal preference; however, for myself, I NEVER install
version X.0 of any software if said software is to be used in a mission
critical situation. I always wait until X.1 is released. If possible in
your case, would it be feasible to wait until 9.1 is released? You
can gather some info on it here:
<http://www.freebsd.org/releases/9.1R/schedule.html>. As usual, any
correlation between the expected release date and the actual date is
purely coincidental. Just my 2¢ on the matter.

--
Jerry ♔

If you steal from one author it's plagiarism; if you steal from
many it's research.

	Wilson Mizner