Question about install from ports

Daniel Bye dan at slightlystrange.org
Mon Jul 23 17:00:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 08:08:47AM -0700, Mr U wrote:
> thank you dan
>
> but how i can use RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES temporary?
> i tried google but i didn't find any info about this!!!

It's just a shell variable, so you can temporarily set it by defining it on
the command line for which you want it to apply. In this case, you'd want to

 RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES=1 make all install clean

(That's the number one after the `='. It doesn't really matter what value it
is set to - the important thing is that it's set)

For this one command, RANDOMIZE_MASTER_SITES is in effect.

Looking at this again, it seems I got myself confused as to where you should
download the distribution file. I think your system is trying to download a
plain tbz file, and not an RPM. If that's the case, the downloaded file will
actually go in /usr/ports/distfiles. The fact you mentioned fr.rpmfind.net
was enough to send me off down the wrong path...

Sorry for making things more complicated than they needed to be!

Dan

--
Daniel Bye
                                                                     _