help about free bsp version netcat to work it on ubuntu

Carl Johnson carlj at peak.org
Mon Jul 23 16:07:09 UTC 2012

lei yang <yanglei.fage at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 22:41:57 +0800, lei yang wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to build a "netcat" on my local pc (ubuntu) with gcc, is it
>>> possible? I'm new to free bsd
>>

> it has no "-U" flag, can you point me where I get this version

Have you checked the other version of netcat already available?  A quick
check shows these four versions for Ubuntu:

netcat: TCP/IP swiss army knife -- transitional package
netcat-openbsd: TCP/IP swiss army knife
netcat-traditional: TCP/IP swiss army knife
netcat6: TCP/IP swiss army knife with IPv6 support

Carl Johnson		carlj at peak.org