PCBSD9.0-x64-DVD and Intel HD Graphics 2000

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Mon Jul 23 13:28:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Monday 23 July 2012 17:37:00 Vladislav wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM, David Christensen <
> dpchrist at holgerdanske.com> wrote:
>
> > freebsd-questions:
> >
> > I've installed PCBSD9.0-x64-DVD on the following hardware:

this where the problem starts. If nothing changed since I used this, it only supports VESA on i7 CPUs.

> > I have updated the system using Update Manager, and the problems persist.

What does this affect? Also the FreeBSD part?

I am now running FreeBSD 10 on an i7 without any problems. It should also be possible to get the same result with a current 9.0.

> > Any suggestions?

Do the same what I have done. Use PC-BSD just to get a machine running and then update to FreeBSD.

and of couse:

> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU

Erich