error compiling mplayer

Raimund Steger rs at mytum.de
Sun Jul 22 20:09:36 UTC 2012

David Banning wrote:
>> That doesn't look like a problem with mplayer per se, rather with your
>> GTK or XRANDR install.
>
> I wonder if these two versions of gtk could represent a problem;

This should be fine, 1.x and 2.x can coexist. Scim is unrelated, it's
the Linux input engine.
The linker command seems OK as well from what I can tell.

> [root at 3s1 ~]# nm -D /usr/local/lib/libXrandr.so|grep XRRGetOutputPrimary

Hm, this should produce output like:

bsd1:mplayer)nm -D /usr/local/lib/libXrandr.so|grep XRRGetOutputPrimary
00004230 T XRRGetOutputPrimary

The API seems to be a more recent addition, maybe you need to upgrade
your libXrandr port? I have libXrandr-1.3.0.

Raimund