amd64, 57600 serial install help

Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim ihsan at grep.my
Sat Jul 21 21:07:22 UTC 2012

I assume you have compiled the bootblocks as per the instruction in the handbook.

Second, do you have more than one serial port on the box because FreeBSD can only work its serial console magic on only one port at a time.

If you redirect your IPMI serial console or just a normal serial console, take note it's interrupt number in the BIOS.

You'll need to append the 0x10 flags to your UART device in device.hints file if the you plug in the cable at a non-default port.

ihsan