fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 21 11:43:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012 05:12:14 -0500 (CDT)
Robert Bonomi articulated:

> [...]
>   b) implemented "array of pointer to function" in FORTRAN 77
> applications. c) Written date parsing routines, originally in FORTRAN
> 66,  that would recognize virtually -any- 'rational' date expression
> -- including the likes of "this 23rd day of June in the Year of Our
> Lord 2012". had a switch for 'prefering' European-syle (DD MM YY) or
> American-style (MM DD YY) dates when ambiguous.  User-manual for the
> free-form command parser merely specified a 'date' was required at a
> particular point, would frequently generate user inquires 'what date
> _format_ is required?' Answer: "Use what you prefer, it will probably
> make sense out of it" d) Written the _first_ commodity-options
> 'theoretical value' calculation routine that was fast enough to be
> used in 'real time' in determining 'fair value' for exchange-traded
> commodity options.  When the source data may change in a fractiono of
> a second, Doing 'Cox-Ross-Rubenstein' math *before* the underling
> data changes -- invalidating the calculation- in-progress -- is
> challenging.  Doing it for the -entire- market, which requires
> sub-millisecond timing, is far more than just 'challenging'. e)
> Written the worlds fastest project scheduling software (merely 4000
> times faster than IBM's offering at the time).  After I demoed the
> software for over a dozen senior IBM construction executives, they
> contracted with the firm I worked for, for project scheuling services
> for -all- their major physicaal plant construction projects.  U.S.
> Army Corps of Engineers also bought a copy. f) Wrote the _first_
> PC-based software for 'off-line' creation of control-files for a
> high-end video-tape editing suite.  File format _entirely_
> undocumented, required 'reverse-engineering' of everthing. g)
> Designed and implemented a complete _real-time_ market price data
> distribution system (everything from the incoming feed processing to
> the subroutinies that the 'user applications' used) for a major
> Government Securities brokerage.  Stand-alone code on dedicated
> processors for each incoming feed, feeding a back-end server, with
> multiplexing daemons on each workstation, to support multiple
> simultaneous applications. Commplete with application-level
> transparency for the crash/auto-restart of any system-level
> component, and auto release of resources previousl allocated to
> now-zombie clients. Everthing _guaranteed_, by architecture design to
> be non-blocking, _impossible_ for one client app to adversely affect
> quote delivery to other apps, even on the same machine. h) Designed
> and built a complete 'subscription publiication' accounting system --
> complete 'subscriber management'. billing, payment, earned- income
> handling, -and- 'fulfillment' processing. i) Written
> 'hyupervisor' (for lack of a better term) code for a mini- computer
> system, to automate a management task on that machine that the
> _manufacturer_ of the hardare and O/S said could _not_ be automated.

Big deal; so what have you done lately. :-)

Seriously though, I wish people would stop feeding this TROLL. There is
absolutely no upside to it. As has been stated so eloquently many times
before, "Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their
level, then beat you with experience."

--
Jerry ♔