usb plugin msg class

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Jul 20 15:40:33 UTC 2012

> In 8.x and older when I plugged in my usb thumb drive I got some messages on
> the console. But in 9.0 and 9.1 those message no longer show up on my

i run 9.0 and after i plug any USB device kernel output messages as usual.
It always get displayed on first console (ttyv0), the rest depends on your
syslog config.

> Did the message class of those usb plug-in message change between 8.x and
> 9.x? IE as defined in /etc/syslog.conf
>
> If their in a new class what is it?

what you mean "console". what kernel displays on first console does not
depend on syslog. turn off syslog and it will be displayed too.